About the taste of the recipe it was really tasty and good for kids as well as adults. As it is colourful your kids will eat with out any fuss. Takes very less time to cook this tasty dish!
Beetroot- 1 big
Almonds| walnut| pista- 10-12 nos
Thick Yogurt- 1/4 cup
Basil leaves, fresh| dried- 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger- 1/2 inch
Pepper powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt- to taste
Spaghetti|pasta of your choice- 200 gms (1/2 packet)
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Salt- 1 teaspoon
To cook the spaghetti:
- In a deep pan add around 6 cups of water, salt and oil and bring it to boil.
- Once it starts to boil add the spaghetti and allow to cook till soft. Cooking time varies with the size and thickness of spaghetti. So follow the package instructions.
- Drain the cooked water from the pot and rinse spaghetti with cold water to stop cooking further.
- Spread it on a flat wide plate; if you are preparing later, drizzle oil and allow to coat with hand and keep aside until use.
For the beetroot sauce:
- Pressure cook the beetroot or roast it in oven till soft; allow to cool.
- In a blender jar add the nuts of choice(i used almonds) and slightly crush it for easy grinding.
- Then chop the cooked peeled and chopped beetroot chunks with some salt. Blend well as a smooth paste.
- Now add the thick yogurt(make sure the blender jar or the ingredients are hot) and blend once to mix well. Do not blend too much which in turn makes your sauce runny.
- You could store the sauce separately in refrigerator till you use.
- Keep the spaghetti on a plate and top it with sauce and mix well using tongs or fork.
- Sprinkle more chopped nuts for crunch. Sprinkle some grated cheese if you wish to.